konga

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Pep Guardiola confirms he is leaving Bayern Munich: “I want to be a manager in England.”

Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has confirmed he is set to leave the German club at the end of the season and is looking to manage an English club.
Pep-Guardiola
(Guardian UK)
Guardian UK reports that Guardiola has been ‘heavily linked’ to Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal lately. At a press conference today, he said, “I need a new challenge and I want to use that chance to be a manager in England.”
“I want to experience the atmosphere in England and I look forward to [working at] the stadiums there. I am 44 and it is the right time. There are offers but I haven’t signed for anyone yet. When I have a new club I will let everyone know.”
“The atmosphere in the Bayern squad is super and I will do everything I can to keep it that way. I will give my absolute best until the end. If I was 60 or 65 I would have stayed, but I think I am too young. It was a dream, it is a dream. I am very grateful to Bayern for this huge opportunity.”
The Spaniard said he will not be taking any of the players from his present club with him. “They have to stay here,” he said.
In 2013, Pep Guardiola was offered a three-year contract, taking over from Jupp Heynckes, and he has had success managing the German elite club as he won Bundesliga titles, the DFB-Pokal, the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup.
In November 2013, reports claimed that Guardiola would be offered a £17 million-a-year contract to stay at Bayern Munich and snub his dreams of coaching the Premier League.
Source: Guardian UK

No comments:

Post a Comment