konga

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I Can't Marry Two Husbands- Fade Ogunro

Beat FM’s popular On Air Personality Fade Ogunro who recently resigned from the radio station in order to focus on her business, in a recent interview speaks on why she bid goodbye to her career of five years.
Fade Ogunro who has been running a film production outfit (Film Factory), with her cinematographer brother, Sesan Ogunro for three years, in an interview with YNaija, disclosed why she left Beat FM.
She said: “People know my brother Sesan the director and together we run the company. He is the director and I’m the executive producer. Over the last 4 years that the company has been running, we are constantly getting busier. So leaving radio was simply because I have tried to manage my time over the last 5 years but it comes to a time where you are like you know what, I can’t marry two husbands. I love the both of you but I have to pick one and I think my company fulfills me more. We have gone from a staff of 3 to 30 in the last 3 years and the impact in terms of all the TV commercial and music videos I have shot. I feel like I’m impacting the African media a lot more which was my ultimate goal.”

Speaking on why she said: “I was like I have turned 30. It’s a new year and I have been on radio for 5 years and I think it’s time for me to focus more on my company because it has gotten to the stage where I’m leaving my clients on set running to radio and I am not even concentrating on radio because I’m worried about what is going on at Film Factory.”
Fade Ogunro was born on October 3, in Lagos but at eight years old she left she shores of Nigeria to school in London and came producing music videos, TV commercials as well as live concerts. She was also a host at Liquid Lounge on Saturdays between the hours of 6pm-10pm while on Sundays, she is busy with the Sunday request show from 6pm till midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment