FRESHLY EXPOSED: Lai Mohammed Says 21 Politicians Benefited From Dasukigate
The Federal government has revealed how many people benefited from the funds meant for the purchase of the arms against the Boko Haram that were allegedly stolen and shared by Sambo Dasuki, former national security adviser.
Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, has disclosed this while speaking to the online media publishers in Lagos on January 22, Friday.
The minister gave the assurance that the government would not
control their activities in Nigeria, but advised them to self-regulate.
Former APC’s spokesman also gave the analysis of the number of those who profited from the funds supposedly collected from Dasuki’s office during Goodluck Jonathan’s government and funds allocated for the 2015 zonal intervention projects.
Minister Mohammed said: “The amount received by 21 individuals and companies from ONSA is more than the 2015 zonal intervention project budget by N2.829bn.
“Whereas the sum of N51.829bn was appropriated for 1,278 projects in the zonal intervention projects for 2015, a total of 21 individuals and companies benefited from the Dasukigate to the tune of N54.659bn as we know so far. “The implication, therefore, is that the amount received by 21 individuals and companies is more than the 2015 zonal intervention project budget by N2.829bn.
“Furthermore, the value of what beneficiaries of Dasukigate contributed to development is zero, compared to how the lives of Nigerians would have been transformed, poverty reduced and livelihoods improved by the zonal intervention projects which would have cost N2.829bn less than Dasukigate.”
The minster recently disclosed that 55 people stole N1.34trn from the public till in seven years of the reign of the Peoples Democratic Party.
He, however, didn’t mention any names.
Many significant Nigerian politician and leaders are being accused of the involvement into the $2 billion arms procurement deal and many prominent politicians have been arrested.