konga

Sunday, January 17, 2016

David Haye knocks out De Mori in 130 seconds

Britain’s former world heavyweight champion David Haye made a triumphant return to the ring with a banging first-round knockout over Australian Mark de Mori at London’s O2 Arena on Saturday.
Haye took De Mori to the cleaners in the first round (Mirror)
Haye took De Mori to the cleaners in the first round (Mirror)
In his first fight since a shoulder injury in 2011, the Haymaker needed just two minutes and 11 seconds to stop De Mori, who was floored with a wicked right hand and a series of brutal combinations that saw him miss referee Robert Williams’s count.
Now the 35-year-old Haye, who lost his belt to Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko in 2011, is already looking ahead to a bout with Britain’s Anthony Joshua as reigning heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has vowed never to fight him following an earlier career snub.
“Tyson Fury is pretty clear about not wanting to fight me,” Haye said ringside after defeating de Mori.
“I said I’ll work my way up the rankings, and he said he’d relinquish the belts instead of fight me so why bother (pursuing him)?
The Haymaker is back (Mirror)
The Haymaker is back (Mirror)
“Why not go for bigger, better fights? A bigger fight’s Anthony Joshua. I believe that fight can be made later on in the year. I’m in shape, I’m punching hard. I’m a little bit older. It’ll make for a great fight. That’s the type of fight I want, that’s why I’m back in boxing. It’s the big fights, I need that.
“I want to unify the heavyweight division. I set my plan out to do that many years ago and I fell short.
“I’m going to make a serious run at this heavyweight division. There are titles all over the place at the moment and it’ll take someone like me to clean it up.”
But in order to earn a world title shot, Haye would have to get ranked in the top 10 by the four main governing bodies.
Source: Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment