konga

Saturday, December 19, 2015

All Hail The Queen: Spain’s Mireia Lalaguna wins the Miss World 2015 beauty pageant

Yesterday was the grand finale of the 2015 Miss World beauty pageant in Sanya, China. Among the top 10 contestants for this year’s event, a winner emerged, the stunning beauty representing Spain: Mireia Lalaguna.
spain_3531105b
(Telegraph)
The Barcelona-born beauty queen has her first degree in Pharmacology, and is planning to pursue a masters in Nutrition.
IMG_20151219_201424
(Telegraph)
Miss Spain, who also won Top Model, gave a stirring speech. She said: “Just because I am beautiful on the outside does not mean I am not beautiful on the inside. I think I should be the next Miss World because I believe in strong women, I also think I have something inside my heart that I always try to give the best of me. I also believe in Beauty With A Purpose and want to continue its legacy. We can find happiness in helping each other.”
While Mireia emerged as the winner, Miss Indonesia won third place and Russia came second.
But this year’s pageant didn’t end without a bit of controversy. Telegraph UK reports that Miss Canada was banned by China from the competition for speaking about human right abuses.
Nigeria’s Unoaku Anyadike made it into the top twenty:
Untitled_3531048b
(Telegraph)
Source: Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment