konga

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Users might soon get to write more on Twitter, says Jack Dorsey

twitter-848528_960_720



If you’re a Twitter user, you probably know that whatever you want to share, no matter how large or big it might be, must be shortened to not more than 140 characters.
I find this annoying. Really, I do. There are times when I just want to say more but I get restricted, and I just resort to using short words to express myself, which I personally do not totally like.
This restriction will be lifted soon if Twitter’s CEO, Jack Dorsey is to be taken seriously. Well, he’s the CEO, so his words should carry a lot of weight.
On January 5, Jack Dorsey hinted through a rather lengthy tweet – a picture tweet actually – that the 140 character limit might soon be ditched, thereby allowing users to tweet more, probably up to 10,000 words as some have asserted.

Although this is not a press release (which would have made us all believe him without blinking an eye), we all know Jack Dorsey wouldn’t just make up words.
In as much as I know that the 140 characters make Twitter unique, I personally can’t wait to tweet more. What about you? Share your thoughts using the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment