konga

Thursday, January 14, 2016

RIO 2016: Nigerian Boxer Vows To Return With Gold

Efe Ajagba, a gold medalist in Boxing at the 2014 Congo-Brazzaville All African Games, says he is optimistic to win a gold medal at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil.
Efe Ajagba celebrates his victory at the Commonwealth Games
Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday
January 14 in Lagos while training at the National Stadium in Surulere, Ajagba disclosed that he had intensified training, to repeat the same feat.
“I am hoping to win a gold medal in my category because it is what I have thought of winning a long time ago. I have always dreamt of winning gold at the Olympics and I am working hard to get it and by the grace of God, I hope to achieve the feat.
“Presently, I work out twice daily in the morning and in the evening, to help me keep fit and in shape,” he said.
Ajagba hoped that 2016 would be as successful as the previous year, in terms of competitions, both local and international.
“I wish the best for our federation and I hope that it will be a good year for us. 
“Last year was a good one as we won medals in the Kenneth Minima Boxing Championships which also served as qualifiers to the All African Games in Brazzaville, Congo,” he added. (NAN)

No comments:

Post a Comment