konga

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Revealed! Ogude paid N1.3m for his wife’s freedom

However, Goal.com has it that the Amkar Perm midfielder parted with the sum of N1.3m as ransom for his wife’s release, after protracted negotiations with the kidnappers.
Ogude and Wife, Memunat. Image: Mirror
Ogude and Wife, Memunat. Image: Mirror
“Well, I paid nothing much for her release. I paid N1.3m though they demanded 30m naira,” Ogude was quoted by TheCable.
He further disclosed that his wife wasn’t physically harmed while in the custody of kidnappers but will have to undergo the mandatory medical examinations.
“Yes, she is alright but I have to ensure that she is. I have taken her to the hospital for proper medical tests and checkup because the kind of ordeal she must have gone through in the hands of the armed men is nothing to be taken for granted. I have to be sure that she is very okay.
“She was taken to a very bad place, a swampy forest, a dirty place to be kept for almost a week. Imagine what she must have faced during the number of days she was kept there. But I am thanking God that I got her back alive. It is her life that’s the most important thing to me.
“You know that a lot of people will go there and won’t come back alive, so I am happy that she is alright and alive.” he concluded.
Source: Goal

No comments:

Post a Comment