must see: 7 Songs By Nigerian Queen Of Soul, Sade Adu That Will Make Your Day
Legendary R&B/Soul artist, Sade Adu, turns 57 today! The Ibadan-born beauty is the epitome of effortless style and grace. Known for her classic ponytail and red lipstick, Sade has been setting the bar for as long as we can remember, inspiring artists like Alicia Keys and making her fellow Nigerians proud!
Born Helen Folasade Adu on January 16, 1959, to an English mother and a Nigerian father, she initially began her career in modelling and fashion design, before making a career change to music. To date, she has released six albums with her band, Sade.
via Lipstick Alley
Here are a few of our favourites that will brighten up your day:
1. Sade – Soldier of Love, from the 2010 album of the same name.
2. Sade – By Your Side, from the band’s fifth studio album, Lovers Rock.
3. Sade – The Sweetest Taboo from the sophomore album, Promise.
4. Sade – No Ordinary Love, from the 1992 album Love Deluxe.
5. Sade - Your Love Is King, from the band’s 1984 debut album, Diamond Life
6. Sade – Is It A Crime from the sophomore album, Promise.
7. Sade - King of Sorrow, from the band’s fifth studio album, Lovers Rock.