konga

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

I Paid N1.3M To Rescue Wife – Ogude

Super Eagles midfielder Fegor Ogude has revealed that his wife regained her freedom after he paid the sum of the N1.3million to her abductors.
Speaking in a chat with TheCable, Ogude who currently plies his trade with Russian side Amkar Perm said he paid N1.3m for his wife’s release as against the N30m her abductors had pressed for.
This is contrary to reports in some quarters that the victim was rescued by officials of the Department of State Services (DSS).
Fegor Ogude says he paid N1.3m to resuce his wife
He said: “Well, I paid nothing much for her release. I paid N1.3m, though they demanded N30m.
 “She is alright but I have to ensure that she is.
I have taken her to the hospital for proper medical tests and checkup because the kind of ordeal she must have gone through in the hands of the armed men is nothing to be taken for granted. I have to be sure that she is very okay.
“In spite of the unexpected occurrence, I was still a very happy man.
“You know that a lot of people will go there and won’t come back alive, so I am happy that she is alright and alive.
“She was taken to a very bad place, a swampy forest, a dirty place to be kept for almost a week. Imagine what she must have faced during the number of days she was kept there. But I am thanking God that I got her back alive.
“It is her life that’s the most important thing to me.”
Naij.com recalls that Ogude’s wife, Maimunat, was on January 4 abducted from her family home in Warri, Delta state and the kidnappers reportedly demanded a ransom of N30m.

No comments:

Post a Comment