Monday, December 14, 2015

SEE HOW Woman Burnt Alive By Assassins In Anambra Arson Attack

A 77-year-old woman, Grace Orizu, was roasted alive on Saturday afternoon when her son’s bungalow in Little Wood Estate, Obosi, Anambra state, was set ablaze by suspected arsonists.

Her nine year old house help, Progress Nwachuku, miraculously escaped death as neighbours managed to rescue him alive from the kitchen where he had hidden as the fire raged.
The arsonists are believed to have targeted Grace Orizu’s son Emeka Orizu who was recently elected as chairman of Little Wood Estate in Obosi.
The arsonists are believed to have sneaked into the compound at about 15:00 and quietly sprayed fuel all over the building.
The traditional ruler of Obosi, Igwe Chidubem Iweka, visited the scene yesterday to view the damage.
Emeka Orizu said he left the house at about 14:00 on a condolence visit to his in-laws only to be called by his wife at about 15:30 who told him that the house was on fire.
Orizu told the monarch that he had noticed some men acting suspiciously before he left.
He said he had already lodged a complaint at Obosi police station where he mentioned the names of those he believes to be responsible.
Orizu said he was being targeted as he won election as chairman on a no tolerance platform against cultists and drug peddlers.
He also revealed that he’d been approached by individuals who asked him to support driving away Iweka’s land committee members to take control of their vacated land.
Orizu stressed he had refused as Iweka was the custodian of all the lands in Obosi and he supports the traditional ruler’s fight against cultism, drug trafficking, and other forms of criminality.
He disclosed that his resolve to sustain the war against drug trafficking led to him being attacked for the first time on June 25, 2015, when he was shot at.
He said he was attached for the second time with an axe on July 26 and on November 1 he was followed after attending a thanksgiving ceremony.
Iweka described the incident as a dastardly act and called on the state government and law enforcement agencies to bring those responsible to justice.