Tuesday, December 22, 2015

OH NO !!! Printer Electrocuted To Death On A Football Field

Tragedy struck in Ogba-Lagos on Sunday December 20, as a young-man identified as Habeeb Sanni was electrocuted to death while trying to fix a canopy which he and colleagues earlier removed before their football game.

According to The Nation, about seven others sustained varying degree of burns.
Sanni, a.k.a Alfa, was confirmed dead at the Lagos State Accident and Emergency Centre (LASAEC) in Ikeja where the victims were immediately rushed to.
The 28-year-old printer was electrocuted when the canopy’s edge touched a high-tension wire while they tried to mount it.
According to Solomon Ason, who played with the late Sanni, some church members immediately rushed them to LASAEC.
He said: “When we got to the centre, he was confirmed dead. We have been playing on this pitch for over eight years and we haven’t witnessed this kind of incident. It is really painful. Alfa was very jovial. I don’t know when next we will be on the pitch because of this incident.”
Sanni’s mother, Mrs Foluke Sanni, disclosed that she last spoke with her late son Saturday around 9pm, adding that the deceased promised to visit her on that fateful Sunday along with his wife and child to celebrate his sister’s birthday.
“He said he had bought a cake for his sister because she must celebrate her birthday,”she started.
“That was the last discussion we had. It is still like a dream because since his father’s death, he has been my helper. He is young but he did so many things for us. He takes care of my mother, his sisters and their children.
“He always listened to me. It is still like a dream to me because we planned so many things together. He was my joy. Whenever my friends saw him, they were always amazed and kept asking if I trained him in Agege.
He doesn’t smoke or drink. He didn’t have all the money in the world but we were content with whatever he gave us. I don’t even know what’s next. I didn’t even have any feeling. I still called his line that morning to ask him not to come late but there was no response.”
His wife, Nurat, recounted her ordeal saying he promised to return as soon as possible.
She said: “When it was 8.30am and he was yet to return, I became worried. I waited till 10am still I didn’t see him. I dialled his number several times but there was no response until my mother-in-law called me and said he was gone.
“We got married at a young age and were fond of each other. He hardly got angry. He promised to get a shop for me next year so that I will have something to do.
“I need help to start a business and cater for my daughter’s education and wellbeing. How long will I continue to be a burden on his mother? I miss my humble best friend. He wanted to achieve so many things so as to take care of his family. It is so unfortunate,” she lamented. 
The late Sanni’s close friend, Jamiu Onasanya, said they spoke on Saturday around 10pm, adding that they attended the same high school and have been like brothers since then.