konga

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Exclusive: How Diamond Platnumz Arrive Nigeria (Photos)

Top international music artist Diamond Platnumz is a Bongo Flava recording artist and dancer from Tanzania. He artist is best known for his hit song Number One, he has won numerous awards at Channel O and has performed at the Big Brother Africa 7 eviction show in May 2012.

Diamond Platnumz at the International airport in Nigeria
Diamond Platnumz holds the record of the highest paid artist in East Africa. During his arrival in Nigeria for the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA), which is set to hold on Sunday, November 15, at the Eko Hotel and Suites, he opened up on his relationship with Nigerian artists, award and much more.
Welcome to Nigeria?
Thank you very much.
How was your trip?
It was great and the flight was not long. So I enjoyed it.
Diamond with his crew
You are here for the AFRIMA and was nominated for one of the categories, how do you feel?
I feel so good and proud of myself. I have been working on a lot of projects and for me to be nominated means AFRIMA saw what I did last year. I can’t wait.
What are your expectations?
Only God knows because what I know is I did a great job last year only God will decide if I get the award or not.

You have worked with a couple Nigerian artists how is your relationship with them?
Honestly I have a good relationship with Nigerian artists and they are very hard-working and when it comes to work they are ready and which is why we have a good bond when it comes to work. Every friend of mine back home appreciates them so much.
So who else are looking at collaborating with?
Honestly I have done a couple of collaborations with every artist here in Nigeria. I have some projects with Nigerian artists but I want to drop it first then take it up from there.
How would you compare the Nigerian music industry to that of Tanzania?
They are doing very good. I would say I am really proud of them because they do what other countries want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment